LENOX VERSAILLES CHINA - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
What you need to know about the Lenox Versailles pattern:
This Versailles pattern was manufactured for 15 years (1977 – 1992) by the Lenox China company, based in the USA. Versailles. The name alone evokes history. Not just history but intrigue, revolution, mystery and most of all opulence. This pattern gets its name from the Versailles palace in France, whose extravagant luxury and over 350 living quarters have made it the symbol of decadent high living. This pattern evokes much of that richness, with the gorgeous geometric shapes, scrolls and multi-color floral arrangements, topped off by the solid, precious gold trim. If you want to make a statement, this china pattern will accomplish your goal.
This pattern has a number of products that were produced. Some to look for:
- Dinner Plate (10 3/4”), Salad Plate (8 1/8”), Bread & Butter Plate (6 3/8”), Footed Cup & Saucer (3”)
- Luncheon Plate (9 3/8”)
- Coupe Soup Bowl (7 1/2”)
- Sugar bowl with lid (3 1/8”)
- Creamer (4” in, 10 OZ)
- There are 3 sizes in Oval Serving Platter 14” 16” and 17”
- Gravy Boat with Attached Underplate and Gravy boat with underplate (Relish dish)
- There are 3 sizes of the Oval Vegetable Bowl: 8”, 9” and 10”
- The saucer for the Cream soup bowls can also double as a dessert plate and comes with the border design and without.
- 12” Chop plate/serving platter